Dragon Bites Recipe
Check back each month for a new carb-counted, family-friendly, kid-approved recipe.
Spring Flower Pretzel Bites
Looking for a sweet treat to make for Mom this Mother’s Day? Or an easy, yummy cooking activity for you and your kids to do together? Check out these adorable Spring Flower Pretzel Bites… sweet and salty, kid-approved and carb-counted!
18 Square Pretzels (1.5g of carbs each)
~6 tbsp white cake Icing (I used Betty Crocker Fluffy White: You will use I tsp = 2.5g of carbs for each flower)
1 – 200g bag, Spring Pastels M&M’s (You will use 7 pieces = 4 of carbs for each flower)
- Place 18 square pretzels on a freezable tray or cookie sheet.
- Spread 1 tsp of white cake icing evenly on each pretzel.
- With the printed “M” side down, press one pastel-coloured M&M in the centre of the icing. This is your flower centre.
- Choose a different colour of M&M’s for the flower petals. With the printed “M” side down, press 6 pieces into the icing, in a ring around the centre.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to set the icing, and ENJOY!
Yield: 18 flower pretzel bites with 8g of carbohydrate each.
*Nutritional information is given for general information only, and will vary depending on the brand, type, and amount of ingredients you use – Please verify your carb and fat content when you make this recipe.
Share this Recipe